Food & Beverage Service Director
- A fantastic opportunity for an understanding and highly organized individual to work within a supportive team!
- Challenge yourself and join an organization that is committed to providing best-in-class quality and customer service.
- Be part of a unique company culture with great employee benefits and an excellent base salary!
About New Albany Country Club
Since its opening in 1992 and as the premier private club in the Midwest, New Albany Country Club provides unparalleled recreational and social amenities with an unsurpassed commitment to service in an exclusive and fun environment.
Renowned for our 27-hole Jack Nicklaus designed golf course, New Albany Country Club is also equipped with three full-service dining rooms, an exquisite catering facility, including in-home catering capabilities, a pool-side café and a lounge bar. Our five swimming pools, spa sanctuary, fitness center and award-winning tennis facility round up this stunning home away from home where every member enjoys time with family, friends and business associates.
Our reputation and success are truly driven by our diverse internal team, who is committed to meet and exceed each of our client's unique needs and requirements. We are proud to evolve in a family-like culture where everyone's opinion is heard and valued. If this sounds like the right environment for you to build a career, we want to hear from you!
For more information about our organization, please visit our website by clicking here.
About the Opportunity
Currently, we are seeking an energetic and motivated Food & Beverage Service Director to join our dedicated team in New Albany, Ohio, on a full-time basis.
As our new Food & Beverage Service Director, you'll oversee the Food and Beverage a la carte service operations for our Dining Rooms, Bars, Living Room, Sports Café/Grill, and Adult Pool Bar while maintaining a high profile and a visible presence during peak service hours. This role will see you ensuring both the quality standards and member satisfaction are met by monitoring service personnel and collecting members' feedback.
This position will also function dually as operations director. Therefore, you will be responsible for managing all aspects of the daily dining and social operation of the Clubhouse. Through contact with members, you will project and maintain a warm, welcoming feel within the Clubhouse and serve as an example of the Club's hospitality.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will cover three different areas.
Food & Beverage:
- Acting as the key point and coordinator for all the internal Food and Beverage needs of all departments within the organization
- Developing and mentoring the management staff (staffing, operations plans, menus, usage, and budget, individual projects, payroll and HR concerns)
- Developing, training and mentoring the dining room service managers and staff
- In conjunction with the Culinary Department, creating, implementing and periodically changing Food and Beverage usage plans and programming
- Interacting with the culinary staff to share member feedback and providing oversight, advice and guidance
- Following-up with members regarding food and beverage concerns and complaints
- Monitoring and maintaining the Food and Beverage operating budget with input from the Culinary and Catering departments
- Assisting Club Sommelier with Member Wine Locker and Club Wine program
- Assisting in the development and implementation of ongoing wine education program for the service staff; member wine events, and MWL Expos
- Liaising with the management team to establish, create and maintain operational game plans for Men’s Grill/Pub, Carryout & Delivery, Sports Café, Sports Grill and Adult Pool Bar
- Assist the Assistant General Manager (AGM) in writing and implementing all promotional plans (e-blasts, flyers, posters, newsletters, social media posts etc.) for the social and dining programs
- Overseeing our ongoing department training plans and weekly/monthly F&B management operational meetings
- Assisting the AGM, Catering Director and Executive Chef in maintaining the schedule of capital expenditures for the department
- Co-coordinating cross-usage planning and staffing needs with Catering Director
- Working with the Maintenance Director to the upkeep of all public areas within the Clubhouse
- Promoting all Clubhouse events and information by coordinating with Marketing Manager and Service Managers and by using appropriate communication methods
- Acting as a coordinator for all Club trades and donations as well as a point person for Clubhouse holiday décor set up and tear down
- Coordinating with Service Managers to determine, create, plan and execute all Clubhouse's social events
- Coordinating all Club tennis, B&T, golf events according to their individual annual calendars
- Planning and executing member catered events on request
- With the help of the AGM and Catering Director, establishing and managing outsourced vendor relationships and negotiating service contracts for the Valet Parking, Floral Club, Entertainment, etc
- When required and appropriate, assisting the Catering department with the booking and/or servicing of private parties or events
- Maintaining lines of communication for staffing, events, and overall development of F&B with Catering Director
For an extended list of the responsibilities, please click here.
In order to qualify for this role, you will need at least 5 to 7 years of experience in the hospitality industry. Previous experience working in a leadership position is an asset, as is a degree in hospitality or a Certified Club Manager (CCM) designation. Career progression and experience will be equally considered to educational background.
As our ideal candidate, you'll take responsibility to deliver an elevated experience to our members while demonstrating excellent organizational and communication skills. Your experience, along with your dependable, positive and reliable attitude, will ensure your success in this role.
Above all, a career-minded and trustworthy individual who has high standards and who is eager to grow in a fast-paced environment while being passionate about the work that you do.
About the Benefits
As a valued employee of New Albany Country Club, we will provide you with a competitive salary depending on your experience. You can also expect the following benefits:
- Extended dental, vision and health care package
- 401K company match program
- Employee disability program
- Employee assistance program
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Employee appreciation reward
- Training and education programs are available to enhance skills relative to your position
- Relocation allowance and assistance is available
This is a dynamic role within a team that prides itself on delivering fantastic services.
If you're looking for a satisfying and enjoyable workplace and would like to take your career forward with an established, well-known country club, Apply Now!